Thursday, October 07, 2004

high

Last night I was out with a good crew - Kari, Todd and Sarah. Good times.

Started at Jack's,.. having a smoke, getting some small food and good conversations about John Waters, documentaries, the shortcomings of the Bush administration, etc. Jack riffed off on how the whole oil thing was this worldwide game between Oil dynasties of the Saudis and the Bush's... very Shakespearean. Jack's got a vivid and interesting mind.

Moved on to the Newport Bar and Grill - the laundromat bar - to meet up with said crew and down $2 bottles of Coors Light. We discussed the torture museum in Amsterdam... I wanted to know if they had a full on crucifix... the most classic example of "torture." My goal was to keep Sarah laughing (which I can do) because she's super hot. She's also crazy (as in irresponsible and overly-emotional and a tad bit manipulative) and I cannot take her seriously. We moved on to Lange's because the service in Newport was shit. Kari and Sarah are girls who buy themselves whisky shots to go with their beer. They're fun girls.

Todd suggested catching this 11 pm two-man improv show he'd been to at Improv Olympic, so we went. It opened with the two guys hugging each other and then evolved into this whole "middle aged drunk gay men at the end of the night after celebrating a birthday" scenerio that they stretched out to a full hour. It was 90% funny... which is remarkable.

After that we headed to Gingerman and closed that joint down. Sarah and I are going to catch the new John Waters' A Dirty Shame next week... I'm looking forward to that show. I was home and crashed by 2:30 am. I shouldn't have come to work today - it's 75 degrees and sunny outside, I'm fucking tired and a certain few people here in other departments have been acting like motherfucking assholes all day.

I picked up my Thanksgiving flight to Denver: 11/20 to 11/30 for $214... ten days off. My sisters and I are catching R.E.M. at the Filmore that Saturday night... and I'm going to look into a couple of day trips with a rented car. Sister Diana has finals to contend with, and the rest of the fam's schedules are different... as follows:

Me: Saturday 11/20 - Tuesday 11/30
Kristine: Thursday 11/25 - Sunday 11/28
Parents: Tuesday 11/23 - Saturday 11/27

So, I've got some time to fill in. Will be good. Will be high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home