Tuesday, September 21, 2004

flawed human

"What is Hell? I maintain that it is not being able to love; and for that, one does not need Eternity. A day will do, or even a moment." Fyodor Dostoevsky

I believe:

...that time is wasted. What I would say today I'd put off until tomorrow because of pride or fear.

...that pain is real, and that emotional pain hurts more, cuts deeper and lasts longer than physical pain.

...that God and Satan is inside each of us/everyone knows the difference between right and wrong.

...that it is almost impossible to not judge/it is human.

...that God is physically beyond description and that Satan is humanly seductive and beautiful.

...it's possible to feel as free as a child while an adult/these moments are fleeting and do not last.

...that everyone has a handful of golden days coming to them in the near future/no matter how bad the situation is right now.

...that anyone can be suprised and touched by genuine kindness.

...that riding a bike makes you free.

...that knowingly hurting others weighs on your soul.

...that you should occasionally scare yourself.

...that more people care about you and are thinking about you than you know.

...that no one is better than anyone else and that we will all one day be dirt.

...that everyone has personal control/but zero control over their environment.

...that regrets can last years.

...that escape is the best way to get out of a bad situation. Follow that up with silence.

...that chemicals are a mask.

...that you can see the soul of someone you love.

...that imagination can be a good friend as well as your worst enemy.

...that advertising is a lie, art is communication and that art is life. You are an actor.

...that it's a good idea to break something when I'm angry. I think it's powerful to see where that intense energy went, and what it did to that broken chair.

...that a relationship is codependence, and that the greatest fear and reason for avoiding committment is the thought of one day losing it and watching it leave.

...that organized religion is good in that it gives people faith.

...that people are inherently good.

today's entry is all off the top of my head. I read the Dostoevsky quote earlier and in swam around in my brain for a couple of hours. I thought that I'd try something different today. Usually I hate this kind of shit. My mother enjoys forwarding these types of emails to me because I think that she finds them profound. I usually read the top three and then delete. If you even got far enough to be reading this, I commend you.

Be true.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I randomly found your blog and just read that post. Normally that kinda thing is a load of buzz words which don't mean anything, but I agreed with a lot of yours. Keep it up!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://dahhqcnm.com/mhwz/gmxk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://uwnkzcqs.com/dxcx/nplr.html]Cool site[/url]

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://dahhqcnm.com/mhwz/gmxk.html | http://uawgzoex.com/hsxp/frlw.html

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home