Wednesday, September 15, 2004

quirky and unstable

so my sister just got a job. it'll be a good one - but an asskicker. I don't know if she knows that yet, but she will soon. to celebrate I helped her choose and buy a bike last night. it's a nice ride. I also just found out that I'm going to get a $50 bonus for referring her. Finally some payback for all of the legwork. Actually, I think they could do a little better than $50.

I think I need a new job. I've kind of figured out how to do mine efficiently, I don't see any big pay increase on the horizon and the annual bonus is rather low. The job in the other department that I looked into is leading nowhere. I haven't heard shit. I figure that's how they reject you these days: dead silence. So, I've got a copyediting class coming up, I'll complete that and then see what's available. The problem is, I can get the same job that I have now pretty much anywhere in the city for maybe $10,000 more... but it'll be the same job. The other job here that I wanted would be the boost in my career that I kind of need right now.

Tonight I'm going to some writer thing at the Hideout with Todd and his roomate Tim. Sarah had to cancel out on going. She left me a message last night that I heard this morning. She's got to work today tonight and tomorrow and then she's going to L.A. for the weekend. I kind of like her messages because they're rambling stream of thought. She once told me that she usually cries at least once a day. She's very attractive, funny, has great style, is quirky and unstable. Obvious cracking insanity best to be kept at arm's length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home