Monday, November 15, 2004

get out

I've taken a week to regather my thoughts on our impending doom. Only the banal and somewhat gloating e-mails from my red state mother even cause a spark. This is because I know that her only two news sources consist of FOX News, the local AP subscribed rag and a lifetime of Republican brainwash/mantra. She seems to believe that Bush and the rest of the war criminals (slowly resigning) are in place to bring Jesus and family values back to the country. How fucking simple and stupid.

Ignorance is what brought us here, and ignorance will keep us here.

--

In other news, Sarah has begun to show more shades of what I hated in Shannon. I suspect that Shannon is a bit more devious and clever than Sarah has gotten by on, but never the less, it's bullshit that I won't deal with... I'll slither back and let that dog lay.

--

I took my friend Matt and his fiance Lisa out to dinner for their engagement last week. Matt is the baby of four boys to a successful dentist, and from what I can see Lisa is the oldest of three daughters to a successful small business owner in the suburbs. I've kind of thought that Matt was on the tit a bit too long (most college-educated men have their rent paid until age 28, right?) and that he rushed the engagement thing with Lisa... but I think that she's a good girl and a worthy match for Matt. They told me that their wedding was nearing the $40,000 mark. I thought that sounded way fucked up. That's some sick ass amount of cash to spread over one day or weekend. If they thought about it a bit longer, and that money was available to them, I'd say fucking elope and get a downpayment covered on a house.

--

I saw the pixies play at the aragon ballroom on saturday night. it was fucking excellent.

--

saturday I fly out to Denver for 10 days. Need to get out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home