Monday, March 06, 2006

32

I woke up this year in my hot girlfriend JS’ bed to her dog wearing a Happy Birthday hat and a toffee and walnut coated rum cake coming out of the oven. I ate 3 slices with a cup of coffee. JS then gave me a tent, which was great because I had been talking about buying one this spring, and she had been listening.

I rode pista 9 miles in the 40 degree fog to the loop to work. I cut through two projects and was out the door by 12:30—the ideal work day: in long enough to be productive, out soon enough to keep from getting pissed off about something or someone.

I ate sushi with my sister and my friend Dan and then I went to the gym to get in a 30 minute work out. I then biked to Wicker Park to meet up with JS for a while. We looked online… she bought me the expensive tent. I was pleased.

I biked to Big Hair and got my haircut. The girl cutting hair told me that she was trying out for the Windy City Rollers and needed a name. She said some other girls had names like “Courtney Shove” and “Shirley Temple of Doom.” The only name I could come up with was “Donnareah.”

I biked home and started to clean the place up. I then biked to JS’ to take the dog out. He was happy to see me and then bummed when I was leaving him to go to the grocery store. I swung back and picked him up after buying groceries and went to my place to clean up some more and get ready for JS to take me to dinner.

I called my sister to come over early in case anyone got there before 9 p.m. JS and I ate an excellent Italian dinner at the joint across the street from my crib, and walked home at 9 p.m. when the kids started to show. My last guest left at 1:30 a.m.

It was a good 32.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home