Sunday, June 27, 2004

he's a fucking rabid dog

Friday morning the borrowed bike failed at the corner of Racine and Fullerton. It was the chain, as I'd been warned. My hands were covered with fresh oil fucking with thing and the hour was closing in. I gave up on the chain and wheeled the bike three blocks to the Fullerton stop and caught the train in, arriving to work five minutes early.

Friday evening Matt and I decided to catch Fahrenheit 9/11 at the Davis. We figured on the 10 pm show. Matt came over with Lisa around 8:30, and we walked to the show, but it was sold out. Instead, we picked up a couple bottles of wine and had dinner at Sabor a Cuba. It was excellent. Afterwards we spun a record, drank the second bottle and played some foosball.

Saturday I called Shannon back (I'd dialed her on Thursday evening around 7 pm, but she was at work, and called me back around 10:45 pm... saying that she'd "be out of work in a half hour, and to give her a call," but I was already asleep). Once again (heart in my throat) got her voice mail, and decided to go retrieve the bike at the Fullerton stop. Unlocked it, jumped back on the train, got it home and fixed the fucked up chain. I decided to get new road tires and a new tube for my vintage Schwinn Typhoon (http://www.memorylane-classics.com/images/Bikes/1975%20Blue%20Typhoon.JPG)... the bike in the picture is blue/my Typhoon is green. I'm still restoring it. At some point, I missed Shannon's return call by about 15 minutes. I called back, but got the fucking voice mail again, so I left a message. After replacing the tires and cleaning the chain, plus adjusting the seat, I took the Typhoon for a spin down the lakefront from Wilson to Belmont harbor and back.

About 5 pm I went to Mondi's party at Kelly's Pub and started to drink off the tap. E called and eventually showed... and long story short, that uncontrollable drunk Brian pulled some shit and he and I stepped outside. He was wrong, I was standing up for E, it was broken up before it came to blows. I never liked that guy... he can't handle his drinking and he's violent and unpredictable. Nothing's changed since college. I can't believe that his total sweetheart wife Katie married him. Katie's such a nice girl that even after she and my friend Shawn stopped dating, she would still occasionally bake cookies and bring them over to me at my house for no reason. Brian doesn't deserve her. Further, the helmet boy actually considers he and I friends since the mid-90's. I've never trusted his unpredictability or snap sudden violence. This is a New York City guy who really should have gotten his ass handed to him years ago... but who wants to fuck with him? he's 6'4" 240 lbs and jacked. Violent alcoholics should avoid Red Bull and vodka... it's like a potent combination of cocaine and gasoline. Violent alcoholics should also avoid Rage Against the Machine ("killing in the name of!"). Brian's insane. He's a fucking rabid dog.

This morning I got up around 9 am and gathered my shit to drive up to Wisconsin to see my sister, in town visiting from Colorado. She flew in for her 24th birthday and to catch two Phish shows at Alpine Valley. I was in Chicago traffic when Shannon called at 10 am, but I didn't take it because I drive stick, and the fuckers in Chicago drive aggressive. Her message apologized for the phone tag and that she was headed to the Pride Parade. I don't know what to think or say... we haven't spoken for a couple months, and that ended kind of bad, and haven't seen each other since early April.

I got back to Wisconsin in just under two hours. Diana had a friend staying with us named Kevin, who's a private pilot based out of Los Angeles. He teaches private flight lessons and works with swordfish fisherman on the side... spotting swordfish in the Pacific and then sending the fisherman the GPS coordinates. He gets 35% of the take, with the fish getting $7 a lb... a couple $1000 per fish. He flew here from L.A. with a young girl who's getting in her hours. He's flying back tomorrow. Real interesting conversation, and a nice guy.

I'm fucking tired. I'm going to wash the car and walk the German Shepard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home