Monday, November 29, 2004

poked

my sister and I met this guy named Gary at this freak jam band bar that she frequents called "Sancho's Broken Arrow" on Colfax Ave in Denver.

Gary and I got into an intense conversation about the two Star Wars trilogies. Gary brought up something that I hadn't thought of before: how bad ass it was that the Emperor (the Sith Lord, the master of the dark side) was able to live amongst the Jedi and pull all this shit, and not one of them ever caught on that he was pure evil. And then in the original trilogy, Yoda lives on that shithole planet Dagobah, surrounded by dark side trees and general evil bullshit.

so anyways, Gary hooks us up with two magic mushroom-laced chocolates for $20. we decided to split both... eat one before the r.e.m. show, and eat the other and go see "The Incredibles".

on the way to the Incredibles (before we ate the shit), I poked my eye with my sunglasses putting them on and my gas permeable contact lens popped out and hit the sidewalk. I looked around the general area and saw nothing. I told my sister to hang tight and walked into a Barnes and Nobel to look in the mirror and see if the lens was still anywhere on my eye.

five minutes pass and I walked back outside, accepting that the lens was fucking gone. I told my sister and we started to walk to the show when she said "it's right there!" I had to focus my good eye and the spot she was pointing... the microscopic plastic drop that was barely recognizable on the gravel style concrete sidewalk. amazingly, after a full five minutes of downtown Denver foot traffic, nobody stepped on it.

this sort of thing - finding a missing contact lens in an environment where a missing contact lens should never be found - only happens to you 4 or 5 times in a lifetime.

so anyways, we ate the shit, it was weak, but The Incredibles was as good a second time on the big screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home