Wednesday, May 18, 2005

L'Via L'Viaquez

I picked up the 3 LP gatefold The Mars Volta: Frances the Mute last night. It was realeased on my 31st birthday, I'm just getting around to it now. The Mars Volta is one half of the defunct At The Drive In.

It's fucking crazy. holy shit!

The Mars Volta is like hard prog... I picked up "frances the mute" yesterday... it's wild. it's it's big and theatrical and meandering and never boring or white noise... some of it sounds like keyboard solos by YES... some of it sounds like ATDI... some of it sounds like fireside jams in Morocco... some of it sounds like hard RUSH.

it rocks.

They just played a two night stand at the Riv in Chicago. Reads good. Sold out, sold out.

I've finally figured out how to post music files. I've got a great one here from Frances the Mute,.. it's a 12 minute jam featuring john frusciante on guitars. It's spans the entire second side of the first record in my new 3 LP set. fuck yeah, fuckers!

L'Via L'Viaquez

I got the video right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home