Monday, June 07, 2004

face plant

Today I'm getting many good suggestions on how to deal with the "mark" on my forehead. I'm not talking about 666,.. the mark of the beast (that's hidden), I'm talking about the mofo gash on the left side of my forehead.

Story at work: over the handlebars roadrash..

True story: Friday night/early Saturday morning, I was at Christina's Place (home of the $2 pints of Guinness on the corner of Kedzie/Grace) at three in the morning with my friend Scott, his girlfriend, and Rick.

Scott's 5'2" girlfriend told me that she was a state-ranked wrestler in New England during high school, and could dead lift me. I told she couldn't do it/she told me that she could. She tried to and she failed. I landed a face plant straight to the floor and felt an immediate headache come on.

Fortunately I was wearing a hat, so my head wound is behaving more like a burn than a cut. In fact, I may have required stitches if it had been a clean cut.

I've been cleaning the wound with antiseptic and keeping it covered with a bandaid. Note: a strategically placed bandaid on your face is an excellent prop when shooting pool against strangers in bars. Nobody fucks with you.

In the elevator a nice lay suggested neosporin. I'm gonna go hit some up at the Jewel Osco right now. Use my Jewel Osco card,.. let the marketing database know that I bought neosporin at 10:30 in the morning, and save 20 cents in exchange for the information.

Off to Jewel Osco...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home