Tuesday, January 04, 2005

hip-hop versus be-bop

Happy fucking new year motherfucker(s).

2005... holy shit. The millenium and the somehow avoided Y2K worldwide catastrophe was five years ago already.

My new years weekend was OK. New Years Eve started with promise -- it was 50 degrees and me and a pair of motherfuckers I used to work with were going to jump on the organized ride crazy train,.. but that shit totally derailed when one got too fucked up from getting too fucked up the night before (which I buy), and the other who bailed in the 11th hour because he needed to take a nap at four in the afternoon (which I think is totally pussy), and then didn't call later because he knew he was pussing out. "Take your nap," I say!

Oh well, I forgive 'em. Grudges should be reserved for pieces of shit, not friends. Like, some motherfucker that is always hitting on your girlfriend. I think that's enough for a lifetime grudge to stick in your backpocket. Maybe someday in the distant future, when you're not even dating the girl anymore, you can purposely spill a drink on the fucker's faggot shirt when you see him at a bar... or you can tell him straight up that you don't like him and that you would enjoy kicking him down to an inch of his life. And then do it. Push him through a plate glass window. Why not? The girl is eventually going to leave you anyways,.. get your digs in, and then move on. This is about personal satisfaction.

This advice works especially well if your father is an attorney or wealthy.

Anyways, I went to a new years eve party at a dive bar I'm real familiar with called Lawry's. My friend Ricky C is friends with the owner's daughter. I'm high on Ricky C's cool list these days because I have been on impromptu trim detail for his new band. A couple weeks ago I produced this crazy girl Beth, and Ricky C has been out of his mind for her since. He's having fun with it and I'm happy for him. There were like 40 people at the bar -- perfect for moving around and getting drinks at leisure. Plus a spread of food,.. all for $35.

The night ended at some motherfucker's trashed condo. The joint was full of short Indian men with black leather jackets, skanks in club clothes dancing with each other to get attention and fags. I got into all sorts of stupid, drunken chats that I did my best to end quickly with fucked up people on heavy drugs. Like the fat fuck who wanted to talk about the biased media while I was looking for more red wine... or the faggot who was waiting in line for the bathroom... or the skank looking for (more) blow. After 45 minutes I was able to convince our little tribe that it was time to go home.

New year's day was lazy and late. I watched "Before Sunset" at a friend's place that night (go out and get it), and slept on an air mattress when I lost my set of keys.

The next day we went to Soldier Field to catch the Bears/Packers game. There's an interesting breed of white trash that attends all outdoor sporting events. The Packers kicked the shit out of the Bears early on, and when we walked back to the car all the tailgators were fucked up and still drinking.

The idiots parked ahead of us were smoking one hitters, drinking Coors Light and blasting Jay-Z. The 55 year old alcoholics next to us were doing shots, drinking from flasks and cranking be-bop. It was hip-hop versus be-bop. Be-bop eventually won because the 55 year old alcoholics next to us were more than ready to throw fists,.. and were vocal about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home