Wednesday, June 09, 2004

hack hacked

Today's wednesday. For the past three days I've been hacking up this horrible green/yellow shit from my lungs and throat. It's an accelerated self-cleansing of my body of the toxins of nicotine. It's also a bit painful.

See, I quit smoking about a month ago, but had a relapse over the weekend while I was out drinking. Over the course of six hours I smoked about 8 cigarettes. My body is paying me back.

This is an accelerated cleansing because it's been super hot and humid in Chicago this week (today is overcast/humid/90 degrees), and I've been riding my bike to and from work. Roundtrip it's about 15 miles. Considering all of the green tea (minimum of 40 oz/day) I've been drinking, the humid bike rides have got me sweating like never before. I am soaking wet when I get to work or get home and take the backpack off. Sometimes while I'm riding, sweat drips down the side of my face and into my ear canal, flooding that space between the CD headphones and my ear. I wonder if it's possible to electrocute myself directly to the head while on the bike. That would be fucked up.

Anyways, because I'm sweating so hard and riding so many miles, it's breaking up that sick film of shit that's collected in my lungs since I started smoking again last fall. I guess this means that I'm purifying myself and I should encourage this, but it's gross as hell.

Sometimes I get caught in a coughing/hacking fit and really work at dislodging the fucker because I can feel it loosening in my chest. When I finally feel it reach the back of my throat, the bitch is on the fence. That's when I enjoy spitting it with great velocity against a wall or the ground. Then I take a nice long look and snicker at the little demon seed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home