Wednesday, June 30, 2004

my head is swimming

Last night my friend Matt and I tried once again to catch Fahrenheit 9/11 at the 7:30 show at two theaters, and they were both sold out. We ate Mexican and picked up some tall boys to drink at my place.

I got home (by bike) before he got to my place in his car. The cell rang and I took the call from Shannon that had been bouncing around for the past couple months.

At first she couldn't believe that we had contact, and then she began to forge a conversation. She was really trying to be nice. She said that she had seen me on my bike on my commute, but hadn't been close enough to stop me. Apparently - by chance - each time she'd seen me it had been on days that she had tried to contact me.

She asked me where I had been all of this time, and I responded "Chicago." She bled me for a bit of information about what had been going on, and why we hadn't spoken. I was vague. She kept being super nice. She told me that she and Ricky (Ricky is her Yorkshire Terrier. Ricky is the shit... a very clever, totally passive aggressive and often funny 4 lb. dog. Ricky loves me, and I have missed that little man a great deal) have missed me and have wanted to see and spend time with me.

She wanted to know when I would be available. I told her that Wednesday (tonight) is my only night available for the next week, so tentatively after she closes Nick's, we're meeting up.

I don't know my approach. I think that I'm going to be honest and direct with her, and may have to tell her to stop contacting me.

Thank God that Matt was over. I've been friends with that guy since I was 11, and it's a great thing that he's living in Chicago right now. We spoke about the conversation, and the situation (which he has witnessed from the start to... now). He knows what this is like because he had a somewhat similar experience a couple of years ago.

His primary advice: fuck what she thinks, do what you have to do, don't worry that her feelings may be hurt by a hardline solution.

Fucking shit. I'm going to go swim some laps in the pool. It's 85 degrees and sunny. My head is swimming.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a iraq report site/blog. It pretty much covers all Iraq related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home