Thursday, July 15, 2004

Red Stripes and High Life

fucking shit. a week away.

the template on this blogger.com has changed. how exciting. how terribly exciting.

so, what's happened?

last friday night I went to see The Anchorman with Ellen and Melanie and their friend Tanner. Melanie is german and so fine. It's a good time to listen to her (not broken), but over-extended explanations in english. she's also got a quick wit and style. anyways, that movie is excellent. no plot, only jokes (as it should be).

afterwards we went the Heuttenbar for a couple of rounds and then back to my place. Melanie spun all british rock. I kicked Tanner's ass at a game of foosball before we played a mix team... me and melanie vs. Tanner and Ellen. Tanner is a 5'5" rugby player. All little dudes have a chip on their shoulder that I wish would disappear... I'm sorry dude, I'm tall. I can't help it, and you suck at foosball. life isn't fair. We drank Red Stripes and High Life until 3 a.m. and they took off.

Saturday I got 3 heaping bags of food at Aldi's for $42. That rocked. I almost couldn't fit it all in my bike trailer.

That evening Rick came over and we had an intense three games of foosball - Rick beating me by a point in the grudge match - over several Red Stripes and Queens of the Stone Age. Fucking miss that guy.

Later, we rode over to Ellen's and grilled out with her and Melanie. Melanie's sister is getting married in the fall and was obligated to buy some wedding shit the next day and had to opt out of riding the 25 mile overnight LATE ride. Sucks, but we had a great time... met up with Matt and Lisa around 1 a.m. and rode the streets,.. cutting through the 3 a.m. Lincoln Park alcholic brigade, and back to the fountain by daybreak. I was wiped. The ride back was torture.

I slept until 5 p.m. and then took a call from Ellen. We got dinner at Penny's and watched The Weather Underground. I was in a half-sleep daze the entire night. I then crashed at home around 11 p.m. and woke up feeling tip-top.

I'm liking being friends with Ellen more than the pressure of trying to let her down easy. I like her friend. I don't know what the german thinks. I think that I amuse her. I couldn't say. Ellen used to offer to set me up, but it always sounded like some kind of a trick. I 'll ride it out and see if there's anything there. No rush/no worries.

I'm fucking tired. I want to ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home