Thursday, June 30, 2005

bomb

July 2005 is going to be a good month.

I'm finishing up the arrangements for this month's outing: From 13 July to 19 July I'll be mountain biking with my pal EP in Colorado.

First I found roundtrip air fare for $190. This is cheap for this season, and I've actually heard of the airline.

I'll be out the Wednesday afternoon of the 13th. EP will pick me up at the Denver airport, where we'll proceed to the city of Denver to meet up with my 25 year old sister and secure the week's natural resources.

It's advantageous to have a druggie baby sister still whittling away at that elusive bachelor's degree (entering year seven of such endeavor) and keeping my parents from achieving retirement.

I'll take her to dinner out of gratitude and then out for a few drinks to settle the caps and stems digested during desert. From there, EP and I will return to the rental house in Boulder that he's staying at this summer with his wife J and dog Sagan to prepare for the next morning's departure.

By the time I get to Boulder, my bike -- el scorpio -- a klein mantra, will have arrived at EP's bike shop and will have been fully re-assembled from the UPS shipping box that I mailed it out in.

Thursday morning we take off for Winter Park in the truck with our bikes and camping gear for the start of three nights of camping and biking and mind exploration.

I intend to bring no less than three rolls of 35 mm film for this excursion.

I'm stoked about this particular trip because el scorpio was designed for this sort of shit... Made of this light weight high endurance chropoly metal that's used in the production of this bike... and the wings of fighter jets... el scorpio is a full suspension Klein Mantra that was built to just fucking bomb down a mountain.

Winter Park has an entire series of runs that are adapted for summer bikers. First we take a gondola from the Mary Jane Base Area (9,450 feet) up the mountain openly smoking a j during the 15 minute ascent to Lunch Rock (11,200 feet).

From there it's fantastic scenery, thin air, countless action shots and pumped adrenaline.

We'll return to Boulder Sunday afternoon, and I'll get to hang out with EP's wife J and dog while he has to work at his temporary bike store job... those two are moving to Eugene, OR in late August.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, take a look at this site: twilight outdoor lighting.
This is a manufacturer of the ultimate outdoor lighting system !
twilight outdoor lighting

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home