Thursday, June 10, 2004

you don't know shit about Iraq

I ran across this link: http://chris-bowers.dailykos.com/story/2004/4/20/161047/317

"For starters, you don't speak Arabic. In fact, there's a pretty good chance you don't even know someone who speaks Arabic. Further, you probably don't even know what percentage of Iraqis speak Arabic. I know for damn certain that you don't speak Kurdish."

"Eleventh, what little you do know, or what little you think you know, comes entirely from the mass media. Maybe a couple of times a week you will actually watch the news all the way through. You know more about "Friends" or the "American Idol," than you know bout recent events in Iraq."

"I'm only saying this so that you will stop pretending that you know the solution to "the situation in Iraq." You don't have a clue. Even if you did know all of the things I listed, you still would only have a cursory understanding of how to help "the situation." Even then, the best you could do was offer a semi-demi-psuedo educated guess about the best course of action that would be rife with sweeping generalizations and the lacking in significant evidence. Even then, you might as well use a dartboard."

It starts off as a rambling rant, but seems to tie it up and make sense by the end.

Alright, enough about that.

For the past two days I've spent an absurd amount of time ordering, negotiating and preparing TWO plaques for a Dr. Lazowski, recognizing him for "exceptional bravery and service". I've had to actually construct a wooden plaque with plexiglass and a certificate (nailing bolts through the plexiglass and certificate into the wood with a metal date stamper)... and negotiating getting a marble plaque engraved and delivered by next Monday with no rush charges attached. This is because my client likes to wait until the 11th hour to request jobs that should have been submitted a month ago.

Seems as if times are changing again this summer. I've got three friends moving away this summer, and I'm bummed about it. Kind of sucks, but time marches on.

I can't believe how different things were a year ago, and how far away and irrelevant those times seem now. Shit changes so fast.

Rained today so I didn't ride in. I'm fucking tired and have eaten three krispy kremes. I'm wearing a tie today. I look like a waiter at an Italian restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home